IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China
11-13 August 2019 // Changchun, China

Visa Letter Information and Request

About Chinese Visa

Please see the official Chinese Government Visa “About Chinese Visa” information page.  Among the Visa categories, “F” is the one for attending conferences. It is “issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.” An invitation letter or Visa assistance letter is required.  To apply for a Visa assistance letter, please go to:

For some attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist (Category L) visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa. For US applicants, the L-Visa is good for 10 years with multiple entries.

For those who are going from USA, there is more How-To-Apply information posted by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United States of America.